Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Finish Line

The race is done. The marathon is complete. Today, I finished reading the Bible through in a year. Yet, somehow I don't feel any different. It's like when you turn another year older, or even when you reach an important age like 18 or 21, you're still the same person as the day before.



Just because I read Malachi and Revelation 22 today, makes me no different than yesterday. However, I will say this; I am different than I was a year ago. Taking on this CIY challenge and being on this incredible journey has changed me. It has changed my view of not only the Bible, but of God, Jesus Christ, and the church. I fell in love with reading the Bible in the last 365 days. For those who have been reading my blog throughout the last year, I praise you for you patience during my occasional rants and tirades and I hope you've enjoyed, or at least got a few laughs from, my blog. In honor of completing my challenge, 66 Book in 365, I thought I'd run through a list of my favorite, and not so favorite, moments. (Cue video collage music, now)


  • August began quite well in the gospels and Genesis/Exodus (I had no idea what was coming later on in the Pentateuch)

  • Leviticus is most likely the driest book in the Bible, ick.

  • In October, I got extremely behind and ended up reading all of Deuteronomy in one day.

  • Romans was possibly my favorite book in the NT, and I cannot wait to read it today

  • Going through the Kings, Samuel's, and Chronicles was an amazing history lesson of the Israelites

  • God brought the book of Psalms and Proverbs to my reading schedule just at the time in my life that I needed encouraging reading
  • With spring came lovely flowers, green trees, and the prophets. Now, some of the books were interesting reading, while others were like eating a brick
  • When summer came, I knew I'd be done with my challenge soon, soon enough to start counting the days
  • In July, I went to camp and got behind a week on my schedule, which was slightly stressing, but I finished. Here I am 365 days, with the Bible under my belt.

It's been a wonderful, stretching, hard, rewarding, frustrating, and enlightening year in God's word. The ways that God moved, even a thousand blogs cannot adequately describe. Like it says in John 21:25:

"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."

Though it's sad to think that this is my last post about my CIY challenge, this blog will stay. It's name and purpose may change a bit, but I will still be writing about my Savior and the things He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment