Friday, October 16, 2009

Confession Time

It's confession time. I'm actually surprised I've made it this long not having to deal with it. Everything was going great until I got sick, but I cannot blame my nearly swine flu-like symptoms.(H1N1 to anyone who would like to be politically correct) But, I cannot ignore the truth of the matter, I have fallen severely behind in my reading. Now, severely might mean something totally different to you people, but I mean it as I might as well be reading for the rest of my life kind of severely. I am 23 chapters behind, and in Deuteronomy language, that's about 6700 hours of reading ahead of me. I am thoroughly dreading it.

It's like a knife in my heart, honestly. I want to read to catch up, but I don't want to read since there's so much and Deuteronomy is no fun. It's not entertaining or uplifting or thought provoking or anything. It's like reading a dry history book. I hate to consider the very Words of God like that, but that's where I am right now. I want to change my attitude on it, but I don't know how. I want to read the words of my Bible in reverence and awe. I want to finish Deuteronomy by October 20th. I want to keep to the word of my challenge. I think God's providing a way...

Tomorrow morning 7 other WRCC folks and I will be leaving for New Orleans on a mission's trip for a week. We have a lovely 14 hour van drive. I am hoping and praying that I will be able to catch up in this time. Keep our team in your prayers this week, I praying for God to do big things this week!

I don't know what day I am in this challenge, maybe seventy something, and I have a big mountain to climb this week.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it!!
    nothing's impossible with God! (but you knew that already) (;

    ReplyDelete