Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh how he loves...

I was looking through some other people's blogs this morning(considering I'm home from school sick) and came across a video on one of my friend's blogs. I've heard the song "How He Loves Us" played by David Crowder and in the Sr. High, and this version's quickly moved to the top of this list.

I've been struggling with understand/caring what the stories in Leviticus and Numbers are even about. I know that these are the divine Words of God and should be read with as much respect and reverence as the Gospels or the Psalms or Proverbs, but I often find myself skimming and not caring about the offering of one silver plate weighing a hundred and thirty shekls,and one silver sprinkling bowl.....(Numbers 7).

I've thought about the last 3 1/2 books of the OT I've read, and wondered what was the big picture? What was the point? Why tell all the tells and regulations and procedures. We as Christian no longer practice them, why are the important? God gave these people these laws to protect them, to protect their lineage. It was from these people that Jesus was born. God wanted these people to live as holy as possible to preserve the precious blood within them that would then become Jesus' blood. Even the OT is about Jesus. Isn't that crazy?

If you have any other opinions or reasons for the OT, let me know. Since I have 35 1/2 books of them to go.

It's Day 59 and I'm loosing interest in the OT. On a lighter note, I read about how the ground opened its mouth and swallowed 250 people. If I had faith of a mustard seed to move a mountain, I wonder what kind of faith of would take to make the earth eat people?







It's crazy how God works. I was planning to talk about a story I read in Numbers 16, and the Kim Walker song, "How He Loves Us" totally fits.

In this story, a handful of men in the Israelite community did not like was Moses was doing, so they gathered 250 men and rose up against him. Some of the story I don't quite understand, like why Moses said in the morning the Lord will show who belongs to him or why these men even were upset with Moses. What I found totally crazy was in verses 21-22. God told Moses and Aaron to leave the rebelious people, so he could destroy them with hurting them. But they didn't, they fell facedown towards God and asked for mercy on these 250. That takes courage.

I guess the connectiong I'm trying to make between this story and the Kim Walker song is this:

2 comments:

  1. great blog...so far!
    what was the connection?!! I'm dying to know, way to create suspense, sheesh! (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so glad i checked your blog again!
    its cool to read everything your doing for your challenge and encouraging too for me and my challenge.
    muuuuch love audrey girl.
    :)

    ReplyDelete