Saturday, February 6, 2010

Job issues

I am just over halfway thorugh Job, and I'm not fan. In past, I have attempted start and finish Job. Let's just say, I was able to start it, but not neccesarily finish it. I remember why I never finished it. I have one simple word of advice for Job, brevity. I'm struggling to unterstand the purpose of the monologing and rants. I don't mean to come across as critical, I just don't understand Job's perspective. For me, the advice his friends are giving seems reasonable, but the things that Job is saying also makes sense. As I read this book, I feel like i need to pick sides, yet I do not know which side to take.

It's frustrating to say the least. To try to understand more about this book, I think I'll do some research, just not toady. I am determined to push through this book, and I am super excited to start Psalms.

No comments:

Post a Comment