Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Challenge Day 1, Actually Challenging



Alright, no wonder they actually call reading the Bible in a year a challenge. For Day 1 I read Genesis 1-3 and Matthew 1. Between eating breakfast, my brother's distractions, and still waking up in the morning, it took me about 40 minutes to read these 4 chapters. Let's hope it doesn't always take this long. But, like any adventure or journey, I'm still excited and motivated to read, no matter how long it takes.

It was interesting what I actually read today. There were 3 basic beginnings in the 4 chapters:
  1. Beginning of the World (Creation)

  2. Beginning of Sin (Fall of Man)

  3. Beginning of the Redemption of Sin (Birth of Jesus)

It's crazy how in my first day of reading the Bible, I read about some of the most important stuff: When God created man, how man screwed up, and how God sent himself in a man to save us. All that,, in 4 short chapters. Crazy, isn't it?

Well, that's my 2 cents for today. I'll have more later, keep posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment