Monday, January 18, 2010

The Gospels

The other day I finished reading the Gospels. I'm actually really sad that I won't be able to read about Jesus' life anymore, but I am excited to start reading about the impact his life had on the people. I'm not entirely sure what the books of Acts will entail, but from the first few chapters I can tell it's going to be good. (I guess I can't say that since I think all the books I've read so far are good).

John was probably my favorite Gospel to read. The way it was written and the accounts included were all wonderful. I think my favorite part of the book was the way the author ended it. I actually made me laugh a little bit...

24This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true. 25Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

It's a cool thought to imagine; our entire world could not hold the amount to books it would take to tell all that Jesus did. Wow! I cannot wait to hear all the stories in heaven!

What's your favorite part of the Gospels?

No comments:

Post a Comment