Monday, January 4, 2010

What an Encouragement!

This wonderful book I'm reading never fails to amaze me everyday, and knock me off my feet every once and a while. Last week I was in Washington State visiting family for Christmas. Well, our last day to be there had come and I had to say goodbye to my grandparents far too early than I wished. To say the least, it was a bittersweet departure when they left. As my brother and I were packing my aunt's house was empty and, for me, lonely. I was quite upset and decided to sit and read God's Word for a while, for some encouragement and to get me back on track with my schedule. I'm in the Chronicles right now, and what amazing books, let me say. Not even 10 minutes into reading 1 Chronicles, I come across chapter 28 verse 20:

"David also said to Solomon his son, 'Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you untill all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.' NIV

How awesome is our God? I stopped and read that passage nearly a dozen times, each time feeling the comfort of those words more and more. In the next chapter David praises God in front of the whole assembly, a lot of people I'm assuming. Here's the link to this passage, I encourage you to read it.

God always provides, every time. This is just another amazing story and reminder of how thankful I am to have received this challenge. On a slightly sad note, in the next week I'll be finishing up the Gospels and starting in Acts. I'm not quite sure I like that, I really like the Gospels.

What have you been reading lately? I'd love to hear your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment